Kaoru Teranishi is a Ph.D. student in the Department of Mechanical and Intelligent Systems Engineering at The University of Electro-Communications.
He is a Research Fellow of Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (DC1).
He received a B.S. in Electromechanical Engineering and an associate degree in Electronics and Information Engineering from National Institute of Technology, Ishikawa College.
He also obtained an M.S. in Mechanical and Intelligent Systems Engineering from The University of Electro-Communications.
From October 2019 to September 2020, he was a visiting scholar of the Bio-Robotics & Human Modeling Laboratory at the Georgia Institute of Technology.
His research interests include control theory and cryptography for cyber-security of dynamical systems.
He is also interested in motion control and industrial application of control engineering.
| teranishi (at) uec.ac.jp | Twitter | GitHub |
- M.S. in Mechanical and Intelligent Systems Engineering, The University of Electro-Communications, Mar 2021
- B.S. in Electromechanical Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Ishikawa College, Mar 2019
- Associate degree in Electronics and Information Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Ishikawa College, Mar 2017
- The University of Texus at Austin, Feb 2020 (Host: Prof. Takashi Tanaka)
- FREEDM Systems Center, North Carolina State University, Feb 2020 (Host: Prof. Aranya Chakrabortty)
- Biorobotics and Human Modeling Lab, Georgia Institute of Technology, Oct 2019 - Sep 2020 (Host: Prof. Jun Ueda)
- Research Fellow of Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (DC1), Apr 2021 - Mar 2024
- Technical assistant at The University of Electro-Communications, Apr 2019 - Aug 2019
- Internship at Sanken Electric Co., Ltd., Sep 2017 - Dec 2017
Awards and honors
- JSME Miura Award 2020
- Conference on Decision and Control Student Travel Support Award 2020
- IEEE Nagoya Section Student Paper Award 2019
- American Control Conference Student Travel Award 2019
- Grand prize in International Seminar on Technology for Sustainability 2017
- Grand prize in Japan Seminar on Technology for Sustainability 2017
- 第36回電気通信普及財団賞 テレコムシステム技術学生賞 入賞
- NEOMAXエンジニアリング株式会社 感謝状受賞
- 第一回 金沢ものづくりアイデアコンテスト 最優秀賞
Fellowship and grants
- JSPS Grant-in-Aid for JSPS Fellows Grant Number JP21J22442 (計算量的安全性に基づく秘匿性を考慮した制御理論の構築)
- Japan Public-Private Partnership Student Study Abroad Program, The 10th TOBITATE! Young Ambassador Program, Natural sciences/cross-disciplinary course
- JASSO Scholarship for International Seminar on Technology for Sustainability 2017
- 石川高専 平成30年度卓越した学生に対する授業料免除
- 石川高専 平成29年度卓越した学生に対する授業料免除
- 情報セキュリティスペシャリスト, 2015
- 基本情報技術者, 2014
- 危険物取扱者乙種第四類, 2014
- 第4級アマチュア無線技士, 2012