Kaoru Teranishi is a master student in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Intelligent Systems at The University of Electro-Communications.
He is a member of Prof. Kiminao Kogiso’s research group (https://kimilab.tokyo) at UEC.
He is a visiting scholar in the Bio-Robotics & Human Modeling Laboratory at Georgia Institute of Technology.
He obtained a B.S. in Electronic and Mechanical Engineering and an associate degree in Electronics and Information Engineering from National Institute of Technology, Ishikawa College with Prof. Naoki Shimada.
His research interest includes control theory and cryptography for the security of dynamical systems.
He is also interested in motion control and industrial application of control engineering.
| teranishi (at) uec.ac.jp | Twitter | GitHub |
- Candidate for M.S. in Mechanical Engineering and Intelligent Systems, The University of Electro-Communications, Expected Mar 2021
- B.S. in Electronic and Mechanical Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Ishikawa College, Mar 2019
- Associate degree in Electronics and Information Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Ishikawa College, Mar 2017
- The University of Texus at Austin, Feb 2020 (Host: Prof. Takashi Tanaka)
- FREEDM Systems Center, North Carolina State University, Feb 2020 (Host: Prof. Aranya Chakrabortty)
- Biorobotics and Human Modeling Lab, Georgia Institute of Technology, Oct 2019 - Sep 2020 (Host: Prof. Jun Ueda)
- Technical assistant at The University of Electro-Communications, Apr 2019 - Aug 2019
- Internship at Sanken Electric Co., Ltd., Sep 2017 - Dec 2017
Awards and honors
- IEEE Nagoya Section Student Paper Award 2019
- American Control Conference Student Travel Award 2019
- Grand prize in International Seminar on Technology for Sustainability 2017 (Tuiske Productions)
- Grand prize in Japan Seminar on Technology for Sustainability 2017 (National Institute of Technology, Japan)
- 第一回 金沢ものづくりアイデアコンテスト 最優秀賞
Fellowship and grants
- Scholarship for International Seminar on Technology for Sustainability 2017 (Japan Student Services Organization)
- トビタテ！留学JAPAN 日本代表プログラム 10期 未来テクノロジー人材枠
- 平成30年度卓越した学生に対する授業料免除 (石川高専)
- 平成29年度卓越した学生に対する授業料免除 (石川高専)
- 情報セキュリティスペシャリスト, 2015
- 基本情報技術者, 2014
- 危険物取扱者乙種第四類, 2014
- 第4級アマチュア無線技士, 2012